Join our Team!
We have development projects throughout Western Canada and welcome interest from all professional contractors and trades persons.
Campbell River (Head Office)
Posting Date: July 19, 2019
WestUrban Developments Ltd. is searching for a Contracts Coordinator to join their head office. Working collaboratively with team members, the Contracts Coordinator oversees the overall coordination and placement of contracts with sub-trades and professional consultants that have been procured by the Project Management team. In collaboration with the Project Management Team, the Contracts Coordinator will oversee the contract process originating at contract award. The Contracts Coordinator will draft contracts, scopes of work, and payment schedules, project schedules, obtain required supporting documentation including WCB clearance letters and certificates of insurance, process contracts including signing, obtaining associated Purchase Orders, updating budgets, maintenance of contracts database, and document filing. The Contracts Coordinator will work closely with accounting personnel to ensure all contract processing and documentation is in place prior to issuing progress payments.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and sub-contractors
- Organize and track contract documentation for numerous sub-contractors in various commodities in a variety of locations
- Execute work assignments and provide timely results
- Respond calmly and thoughtfully to changing priorities
- Foresee and initiate Project Management Team response to outstanding contract activity for impending work
- Support the Project Management Team in solving contract award issues in time sensitive and urgent situations
- Understand and perform efficient and effective document control functions in support of subcontracts including tracking and ensuring responses are provided for RFIs, submittals, contracts, and change orders
- Understand budgets, construction schedules, and projections
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with colleagues and company stakeholders
- Ability to support and maintain sub-contractor relationships;
- Ability to adapt and demonstrate resiliency in response to changing work demands
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to make decisions and meet critical deadlines;
- Ability to recognize when information is needed and ask questions;
- Ability to provide guidance and advice to Project Management Team in the award of contracts;
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
- Degree, Diploma, Certificate or demonstrated experience in construction administration, law, or project management or relevant discipline
- Demonstrated minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a contract coordination position, preferably in a construction environment
- Advanced computer skills including intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel, experience with accounting and project management applications an asset
- Excellent leadership skills and desire to train, motivate, and develop employees and colleagues
- Superb communication skills
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Position will remain open until qualified candidate has been found.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.