Join our Team!
We have development projects throughout Western Canada and welcome interest from all professional contractors and trades persons.
Campbell River (Head Office)
Posting Date: August 28, 2019
WestUrban Developments Ltd. is growing and looking to add a new Project Accountant position to its Finance team in Campbell River.
The primary focus of this position includes financial setup of projects, maintaining timely, accurate and consistent project information in our systems, project billings and budget forecast coordination with our Project team, project reporting and analysis. Experience with improving processes and new technology implementation will be an asset.
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- Preparing, analyzing and managing cashflows for development projects;
- Tracking and processing consultant/contractor payment requests and coordinating progress payment release with project;
- Preparing and processing progress draws from financing organizations and assembling required documentation for cost consultant draw reports;
- Monitoring development expenses and budgets through life cycle of project and producing monthly project reports;
- Preparing monthly customer progress billings;
- Ability to analyze data and present results and recommendations clearly & concisely;
- Lead or participate in ad hoc projects, including the implementation of technology solutions;
- Creating and implementing business processes with a ‘Lean Mindset’, focused on eliminating, simplifying, standardizing and automating.
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to inspire others to achieve common objectives;
- Ability to multi-task in a time crunched environment and make decisions to meet critical deadlines;
- Ability to understand complex processes and implement change.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Real Estate accounting; project/construction accounting;
- Bachelor’s degree a minimum; CPA student is an asset;
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook;
- Experience with ERP software.
We offer on-the-job training, education opportunities and career advancement and a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume.
Position will remain open until qualified candidate has been found.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.