Join our Team!
We have development projects throughout Western Canada and welcome interest from all professional contractors and trades persons.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Posting Date: January 16, 2020
WestUrban Developments Ltd. is searching for a Full-Time Accounts Payable Specialist to join our finance team. The main job responsibility will be processing subcontractor and supplier invoices.
The successful candidate will be a person who is detail-oriented and can demonstrate not only strong organizational skills, but has a successful history of building great working relationships other staff and vendors.
We offer a competitive compensation based on experience & qualifications.
Benefit program and flexible hours for the right candidate.
- Complete daily accounting tasks;
- Complete ad hoc projects as required;
- Maintain financial data integrity by enforcing internal controls;
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met accurately and on time
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to inspire others to achieve common objectives
- Ability to improve processes
- Ability to work in a time crunched environment and make decisions to meet critical deadlines
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office and Excel
- Minimum of 5 years’ in a similar position – having constructions industry would be an asset
- Experience in full cycle accounting
- Superb communication skills
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume.
Position will remain open until qualified candidate has been found.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Campbell River (Head Office)
Director of Development
Posting Date: November 19, 2019
Applicants for this position must be a results-oriented, motivated self-starter with a high degree of initiative, comfortable in working in fast paced-environment, and able handle multiple projects and timelines. The Director of Development will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the development program which includes zoning amendments, development permits and subdivisions. Click here for a list of projects.
The Director of Development will report directly to the CEO.
- Site evaluation and acquisition, including site feasibility, conceptual design, proforma analysis.
- Oversee project concept and design.
- Oversee project consulting teams.
- Project scheduling for the development processes.
- Budget development.
- Delivery of development approval.
- Liaise with City Staff and Council to facilitate rezoning and development applications.
- Work with community stakeholders as required to obtain support for the projects.
- Work collaboratively with management team to ensure milestones are achieved in a timely fashion.
- Relevant post-secondary education such as Architecture, Planning, Engineering Construction supported with education in Real Estate or Urban Land Economics.
- 5 + years experience working in any of the above-noted disciplines.
- Possess a strong understanding of the OCPs and zoning bylaws and municipal approval processes.
- An understanding of concrete and wood-frame construction is an asset.
- Experience working with Scheduling and Microsoft Project an asset.
- Possess strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Possess strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to balance multiple perspectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude.
WestUrban Developments will provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com with ‘Director of Development’ in the subject line, no later than November 30, 2019. Thank you to all applicants that show interest. Only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.