Join our Team!
We have development projects throughout Western Canada and welcome interest from all professional contractors and trades persons.
Campbell River (Head Office)
Full Time Accounts Payable Clerk
Posting Date: May 27, 2020
Just steps from the Campbell River Sea walk, overlooking Discovery Passage, WestUrban Developments Ltd. is a vibrant, fast-growing real estate development company. Our team has over 30 years expertise in construction management, customized development and development planning in Western Canada and Vancouver Island. We believe that positive relationships are the cornerstone for success, and we strive to build strong teams built on respect, integrity, and safety. Our positive environment encourages and empowers our teams to find innovative solutions and overcome challenges.
If this sounds like the place where you would like to grow your career, we are currently seeking a motivated, full-time, Accounts Payable Clerk to join our finance team. Day to day responsibilities include, processing vendor payments, receiving, verifying, reconciling, coding and entering invoices, while also providing clerical support. As the successful candidate you are detail oriented and can demonstrate, not only strong organizational skills, but a history of building great working relationships with your coworkers and vendors.
- Set up new and maintain existing vendor information;
- Manage the accounts payable inbox; reviewing, sorting and matching invoices to purchase orders;
- Prepare and process payments and invoicing in a timely manner; completing accurate data entry of invoice information for cheque runs;
- Respond to vendor enquiries regarding the status of payments;
- Liaise with other departments to resolve AP inquiries and troubleshoot billing problems;
- Maintain the Accounts Payable filing system and perform other accounting projects as needed;
- Process employee expense reimbursement forms;
- Perform monthly bank account and statement reconciliations;
- Maintain financial data integrity by adhering to internal controls;
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met accurately and on time.
- 2-5 years’ in an accounts payable position, with full cycle accounting experience;
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, Excel and QuickBooks;
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a results-oriented approach;
- Clear and effective written and spoken communication skills;
- Attention to detail with the ability to perform work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Strong prioritization skills with the ability to meet deadlines and take responsibility for your work;
- Ability to think creatively when problem solving, proactively adapting to challenges;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to build positive relationships and to work well in a team environment;
- A high degree of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Previous experience working in construction or real-estate development would be considered an asset.
We provide a competitive salary and benefits package for the right candidate. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Accounts Payable Clerk’ in the subject line.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities and are committed to the principles of employment equity. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. This job posting will remain open until the role has been filled.